Congratulations on being invited to submit your work to Salience!
Your piece has been chosen for its quality and newsworthiness, and we hope you’ll now take a few minutes to pull together some additional information in order to be published. Please submit as much as possible of the material requested below and the Editors will contact you if they need more information, or you need help. If for example you don’t have any images to accompany a written piece, we can source these for you.
We ask all contributors to submit their work through the online form below.
Written submission – attach your submission in Word format. Hyperlinks to relevant background information may be included, but we don’t generally encourage academic references, unless there is a clear need for these. Please attach images in jpg or jpeg format as seperate files, provide captions/credits, and rename them appropriately so we can insert them into the article on the webpage. We cannot consider PDF documents.
Website submission – attach a Word document with a link to your site, a brief project description, and all production credits.
Video submission – attach a Word document with a brief description, all production credits, and a download link to Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive. Before submitting, edit out any references to assignments, the unit of study for which the video was produced, your student identification number, or other personal information other than production credits.
Video format: H.264 ; Preset: Vimeo 720p HD OR a direct hyperlink to your work on Vimeo
Podcast submission – attach a Word document with a brief description, all production credits, and a download link to Dropbox, Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive OR a direct hyperlink to your work on SoundCloud.
Your submission should be accompanied by these materials:
- signed consent forms for interviews
- a copyright cleared image (around 2000 by 1200 px, 500 kb, 72 ppi), which will be the feature image promoting your submission. Images with people are generally preferable, depending on the context. Original images are preferable, but commons images from Pixabay, Freeimages, Unsplash or other copyright-free resources are acceptable with citation. For video submissions, a feature image is not required.
- Any other copyright cleared images you wish to use
- a brief biographical note in third person, plus optional blog or social media links, e.g. FIRST NAME LAST NAME is a Media and Communications Student at the University of Sydney, studying Y. Contact him/her at…
* indicates a mandatory field.
To submit your contribution, please email email@example.com and include all relevant attachments.